Do you want to take a snapshot of yourself while you are telling about the scenery in the background? Do you want to record your office and send to your friends with your face right on the pictures? Well, the Dual Camera feature will let you take a picture or record video with the front and rear cameras at the same time in this case that suits your need.
Here’s how to;
1. Open your Apps list.
2. Launch the Camera App.
3. On the Viewfinder screen, hit Mode.
4. Select Dual Camera button.
5. Here, you will need to drag the small screen and adjust its position to suit with your taste.
- You can also tap and hold the small screen to resize it if you want to.
6. When you finish adjusting the small screen, tap on it to switch the screen.
7. Hit the Shutter button to capture the image or recording the Video (hit stop to finish the video recording).Write comment (0 Comments)
For some reasons, you want to back up your Samsung Galaxy S5 using Kies, just to make sure in case you have to encounter a hard/ master reset, you can still using the backup files to restore your important contact back to your S5:
Below is step-by-step guide lines to help you learn how to backup S5 using Kies:
1. Download and install the Samsung Kies 3 software onto your PC.
2. Once you have finished the installation, connect your phone to your PC.
3. Open Kies 3 software.
4. Hit on the Back up/Restore tab.
5. Choose Data backup.
6. Next, select the individual items that you would like to backup or check Select all items.
7. After that, hit the Backup button to start backing up.
You should see the destination folder displayed at the bottom of the Back up/Restore screen.
8. Wait for the backup, which might take up to 1-2 hours to finish, according to how much data you’re backing up.
Later if you want to restore your Galaxy S5 using Kies 3, do as follow:
1. Also plug Galaxy S5 to your PC using the USB data cable.
2. launch the Kies 3 software.
3. Hit Back up/ Restore.
4. Choose Restore data.
5. Next, choose the appropriate backup file on the Select the backup file to restore menu.
6. Tap on the items that you want to restore.
You can also check Select all items.
6. Finally, hit the Restore button.Write comment (0 Comments)
Sometimes you will have to check how much data used by each app to make plan on saving up data in case you don’t have an unlimited package. If you want to view how much data certain apps are using, follow these steps:
1. Go back to LG G3’s Homescreen.
2. Here, hit the Apps icon to view the apps list.
3. Next, tap Settings.
4. Select Mobile data.
5. Scroll down to view a list of apps with data usage.
6 Press on an app to view further details.Write comment (0 Comments)
Are you stuck in between cancelling the 3G Network? Did you just want to use Wi-Fiona only but cannot and every time you select a Wi-Fi connection, the phone take 3G instead?
Do you happen to pay some bucks because you accidentally downloaded some games with 3G and you didn't know you was on 3G?
How to fix this?
Well, to prevent those awkward moments happening, do as follow:
1. Launch your Z1’s Apps list.
2. Then choose Settings.
3. Select More.
4. Hit on mobile networks.
5. Select network mode.
6. Finally, tick GSM only.Write comment (0 Comments)
On any Android device, you can feel free to sync Google Chrome bookmarks to any of your device using Chrome, including your PC, your notebook, your tablet, or your laptop. This means you can also enjoy the rest of a story synced from one device onto another device without need to reload the page and Ctrl+F to find where you are in (this is just for a PC, okay?)
However, all of a sudden, your Google Chrome Bookmarks on your S5 won’t sync with your PC anymore. How to fix this?
Try the below options and let us know if it works:
1. Make sure the Syncing option is on.
- Launch the Chrome.
- Tap the Menu key.
- Choose Settings.
- Select your account email.
- Here, make sure Sync is On.
2. If you syncing is ON, but you still cannot sync the Chrome Bookmarks, do as follow:
- Go to System section.
- Select Settings.
- Choose Accounts.
- Hit Google.
- Tap on [your Google account].
- Make sure Chrome is checked.
3. You will need to clear Chrome Cache/ data if problem persists.
4. If the issue is ON, just perform a Wipe Cache Partition.Write comment (0 Comments)