After I have migrating the domain name and the content files to a new hosting provider, I then try to open the child pages of WordPress and there I see the 404 error.
This error is very general in nature and you will not get a clue of what is the actual error. Because I have moved the site to a new hosting so I kind of know what is the issue, and this happen when you set the site to use a permanent link as custom structure.
Here is how to fix it:
1. Login into WordPress administration.
2. Click on Settings > Permanlinks.
3. Now click on Default radio box under Common Settings, and click on Save Changes button at the bottom.
4. Next click on Custom Structure and set the URL structure again.
5. Finally click on the Save Changes button again.
Doing the above steps above will miraculously fix the problem.Write comment (0 Comments)
There are many web hosting company available now a day, and each of their server can host thousand of websites and domains. Sometimes you may be interested in finding who is hosting a particle website. There are several ways to find the hosting company.
1. Use Who-Hosts to retrieve the hosting company detail. In the text box, put in the domain name you would like to investigate. Then click on the OK button and the Answer box should come back with the detail.
2. Another service you could use is the Whois.net. This service will provider alot more details than just the hosting company. Other details includes the domain ower's contact details like phone number, address of registrant, email and etc.
3. If the above two does not gives what you want, you may also want to try: http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/whois-lookup/.
Sometimes using just one source may not provide you with an accurate information, so you could use several services to cross check the information.Write comment (0 Comments)
When you open up iTunes normally you would expect to see iBooks library so that you could import eBooks such as PDF file into iTunes library, and from there you can transfer them to your iPad, iPhone or iPod. If you see this tab available, don't panic because you can easily enable it.
1. First launch the iTunes software.
2. Then click on Edit > Preferences menu.
3. Next click on the General Tab at the top.
4. Now under the Sources simply select the Books checkbox. While you are here, you can also enable any other sources that you want to use.
5. Click on OK to finish.
You should now see the iBooks available as a tab where you can select it to import eBooks.Write comment (0 Comments)
Have you ever wonder or have the need to find out what technology a particular website is built with? For example, if you want to know what ITJungles is running on, you can easily investigate and find out.
1. First go to the site Built-With.
2. Then in the search box put in the website URL you would like to investigate.
3. Now wait for the result to return.
You should get the following information:
Write comment (0 Comments)
When going into Joomla administration section, and you click on Article Manager to manage new or existing article, the article manager display a list of existing articles and they are sorted by Title ascending.
Upon opening the article list, I normally would like to see the most recent article display on the top. But in order to do this I would need to click on the sort button to have it sorted by date descending. So how can we set this by default to avoid doing this everytime we log into Joomla? You will need to edit the articles.php file and change one line of code.
1. Open the file articles.php using this path: /administrator/components/com_content/models/articles.php.
2. Then go to line 118 (Joomla 3) and edit the line:
3. Save the file and restart the browser.
4. Now log into Joomla administration section and you should see the article manager display the list of articles sorted by date descending.Write comment (0 Comments)