When you open a new workbooks it opens with a default Excel 2007 font. You might not like the default font and you want to change it to something else. For instance, you could change to the font to Verdana. Here's how to set a different default font:
1. Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click the Excel Options button, it is toward the bottom of the menu.
2. In the Popular category, under When creating new workbooks, in the center of the window you will see the font options.
You can select a desire new font you would like to set as a default.
3. In the Use this font box, select the font that you want to use.
4. In the Font Size box, typing the font size that you want to use.
5. Click the OK button on the bottom of the dialog box.
Note: You must restart Excel to affect the new changes and the existing opened workbooks are not affected.