Most of the time you shouldn't get a problem with your new iPad mini. However, there will be times you run into issue that you could not get the iPad mini to run normal again, the best thing to do is to reset your device back to the default factory setting.
There maybe a number of reasons why you would want to reset your device, you may want to sell your device to a stranger, and in this case performing a complete reset that erase all the data on the device is the most appropriate option. But if your device is frozen, and you just want it to work again, then executing a soft reset is more suitable because it does not erase your data but just resetting the settings on the device. Here's how:
1. The hard reset can be done by holding down the Sleep/Wake + Home button simultaneously for 10 seconds or more and shortly you will see an Apple logo appears on the screen.
1. Press the Home key to go back to the Home screen.
2. Tap on Settings.
3. Choose General.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the screen, and tap on Reset.
5. Now choose Erase all content and settings. If you don't want to erase your data then select Reset all settings.
6. Confirm your action that you want to proceed with the erasion.
7. Wait for your device to reset back to the factory default.