Please note that if you are using a trial version of the Photoshop CS5 and your trial period has run out then you will need to make a purchase of the software. You can purchase a copy here. This article cannot show you how to crack the software but rather it will shows you how to stop the update manager from using up the internet bandwidth because it keeps querying the server for updates.
When Adobe update manager runs, it will attempt to connect to one of the server via the internet. What you could do is blocking the software from contacting the server. To block the software you will need to edit the Windows host file. The hosts file is a computer file used in an operating system to map hostnames to IP addresses.
Here's how you can do it:
1. Locate the host file, normally it is in this directory C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc.
You could click on Start, then in the search box type in %windir%\system32\drivers\etc\ and press the Enter key..
2. Select the hosts file and open it with notepad. Right click on the hosts file > select Open > then select Notepad to open the file.
3. In the file put in the following line at the end of the file:
4. Next click on File > Save, and close Notepad.
5. Restart your computer and now you should not need to be to worry about the udpate manager accessing the internet.
If you are unable to save the host file and gettting the access denied error message, then read this article: FIXED: Unable to Edit and Save Hosts File.