Getting your iPad wet is last thing anyone would want to do, but if you accidentally drop your iPad in the wet water and now need to get it working again then try this few things.
1. If your devices is still on then switch it off immediately. The water could severely damage the electronic component while it is in operation.
2. Carefully give it a good shake to get rid of the water.
3. Use a dry soft cloth and give it a good wipe. Try to get rid of as much water as possible.
4. Take out the SIM card to ensure that the SIM card slot has a chance to get dry.
5. Now put the iPad in the Rice box for 2-3 days, the rice tends to suck out all the damp and the water in the iPad.
6. If you don't have rice at home then just try to leave it in a nice warm place for 3-5 days to dry itself.
Once you think the device is dried, try to turn it on and see if it works. If not then you may need to bring it to the repair centre and see if they can bring the device back to life.