Once using Google Maps or any other Navigation apps, you may need to enable GPS satellites because it provides you a more accurate location. However, in some cases, you may need to turn it off to save up some battery power for your Xoom.
Follow this tutorial to guide you through the process of activating/deactivating GPS satellites feature on your Xoom:
1. Tap on Xoom’s Home button.
2. Find the Apps icon on your Homescreen and tap on it.
3. Next, select Settings .
4. Tap on Location & security.
5. Now select Use GPS Satellites on the right hand panel.
6. A green tick mark should appears in the checkbox.
If you would like to turn off GPS, simply deselect Use GPS satellites option and that checkmark should disappear.