When there is an update of the software available, you will receive notifications on your Nokia Lumia 900 to remind you of these update. You can just pick a convenient time to install the update on your device. Usually, this process may take up to an hour, so you’d better have your battery fully charged before proceeding with any update.
In case you miss the notification or don't have enough time to install the update, you will be reminded in a few days later.
Note: it’s highly recommended that you should maintain your Lumia 900 connected to your PC until a notification appears to indicate that the update is completed.
To install a software update, do these followings:
1. Plug in Lumia 900 to the PC via the USB cable.
2. You should see Zune software automatically start.
- If you do not see the Zune software or Windows Phone 7 Connector for Mac launch automatically when you connect the phone to the PC, you will have to start it manually.
- You may be prompted to update Zune or Windows Phone 7 Connector for Mac. If so, simply follow the on-screen instructions and start this program again.
3. Once Zune is opened, select Update Now.
- In Windows Phone 7 Connector for Mac, choose Install Updates.