While the the Latest Samsung Galaxy S7 is superior in features, however occasionally you may wanted to perform a hard reset to start fresh again. Factory reset the device will also allow it to run faster and more smoothly since the new install doesn't have too much apps on it.
Make sure you have backup your data before perform a format.
There are two ways you can perform a master reset:
1. First you need to switch off the phone by press and hold on the Power / Lock key. Then Choose Power Off, and select Power Off again.
2. Next press and hold simultaneously the POWER + HOME + VOLUME UP key for more than 5 seconds until you see the Android icon appears.
3. Now from the Android Recovery screen, use the VOLUME DOWN / VOLUME UP key to navigate to Wipe data/factory reset.
4. Press on the POWER KEY to select Wipe data/factory reset.
5. Use the VOLUME DOWN key to navigate to Yes option. Press on POWER key to select.
Now just wait for the S7 to wipe all the data and start fresh again.
1. Press on the Home key to go back to the home screen.
2. Select Backup and reset.
3. Go down the screen and select Factory data reset.
4. Then tap on RESET DEVICE button.
5. Then finally tap on ERASE EVERYTHING to proceed.