In Virtuemart shopping cart it allows you to setup Paypal as a payment option for your online shop customer. However you may have experience that after the customer making a payment on the Payment website it does not redirect the customer back to the website. Ideally we would want Paypal redirect the customer back to our site so we could say thank your for make a purchase from us or present them with a message of your choice.
Here's how you can redirect the customer back to your site after they have made a payment.
1. You will need to log into your Paypal account.
2. Then under My Account tab, click on Profile.
3. The click on My selling tools on the left hand side.
4. Click on Update under website preferences.
5. Now click on the On radio button on the Auto Return field.
6. In the Return URL text field put in the URL that your site customer would see once the payment is completed.
7. Finally scroll down the page and click on the Save button.
Note: Paypal required you to adhere to some conditions when using the auto return features.